- I’ve always been a great fan of Grisoft’s free antivirus/malware tool having used it since its first release. Microsoft dipped it’s toes in the waters a few years back with a free package but it got slated by the officinardo’s and to be honest, was a tad cumbersome and not so dissimilar to the Norton suite for clobbering your CPU!
- So yesterday MS released a new MSE tool, which I’m about to test on an XP VM (Virtual PC) and see how it goes
- See post from the Forefront blog. I note MS are using MSE as a front to build a rich database of threats and then to populate both the business and consumer space products – neat trick
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- I was just catching up on my podcasts and was listening to the July edition of TWit (This Week in Tech) with Leo Leporte and Paul Thurrott when I heard the guest Rob Greenlee mention that you could download the Zune software without having the Zune hardware
- So I downloaded said only to find it is restricted in terms of content download to the USA only! Frustrating doh! I mean I only want to subscribe to podcasts for now until Zune is released in Europe. So I guess for now I stuck with iTunes..
- The application looks slick and borrows heavily from Windows Media Centre from what I can tell..
Friday, September 04, 2009
Thursday, September 03, 2009
- A recent twitter from a colleague on radiation hazards of mobiles. Ask yourself why mobile phone engineers don't use mobiles themselves.. I have a friend who works for a large carrier over in Holland and he doesn’t use one
- My advice, keep mobile handsets well away form kids and if you have to use one, always use Bluetooth