- Interesting take on a smart-hub. No this is not a powered hub, but a torque sensor that delivers data on your workout when you are training. It can be hooked up with the Garmin 705 GPS based training watch as well. Too expensive IMHO. It’s for the really ‘serious’ riders out there, who need to do their winter training off the road combined with a CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro Winter Turbo Trainer Kit
Top Features of the CycleOps Powertap SL Plus Hub System
- Wireless 2.4 GHz transmission with Ant+Sport
- 15mm alloy axle
- Carbon/alloy hubshell
- USB download
- Coded heart rate strap
- Hub weighs a mere 412 grams
- Patents issued and pending
- Displays and records:
- Peak Power
- Time in Zones
- Power (current, average, max.)
- Heart rate (current, average)
- Cadence (current, average)
- Speed (current, average, max.)
- Energy expenditure (total kjoules)
- Ride distance (miles or km)
- Ride time
- Programmable odometer
- What's in the Box
- Powertap Hub
- Coded CPU
- Coded Heart Rate Strap
- Handlebar Mount
- USB Download Connector Cable
- Poweragent 7 Software
- Cable Ties
- Battery Cover Removal Tool
- Instruction Manual & DVD
Pro level power measurement: Powertap SL+ in either Shimano or Campagnolo configurations, with various hub hole sizes, and supplied with a Powertap CPU and Heart Rate strap.
We've updated the world's first-ever wireless power meter, giving it a stiffer axle and the flexibility of ANT+Sport. Now you can choose to focus on power measurement to have your best season ever.
Power to the People: With a wide range of features, there is a Plus Series PowerTap for every rider - every ability - and a wide price range. The SL+ maintains the same standard of accuracy as our first-ever wireless PowerTap but with a lighter, stiffer 15mm axle. Which PowerTap is right for you?
The Precision of PowerTap, The Flexibility of ANT+Sport: Data can be the difference between first and second. PowerTap is the precise instrument that gives you access to real-time performance measurement, and is accurate to within +/- 1.5%. Add the PowerAgent software package, and you'll have all the tools you need to guarantee you make the most of your data.
With the flexibility of ANT+ Sport, all Plus-series PowerTaps can be paired with any ANT+Sport device. So, use the included PowerTap CPU or provide your own device to stop estimating and start measuring.